15 August 2010

A “Gift Card Purse” for Corrosive Challenge Blog

Hi everyone, happy Sunday!
Today I would like to show you a purse I made for ‘Corrosive Challenge Blog.’
The theme for this week’s challenge is ‘Faux Techniques’, and I made a faux Leather purse. This was a real challenge!


I made stitches all around the purse to make it look more real.
This purse is made with brown and pink basil card stock.
How did I make it look like leather?


1. I embossed it with my Cuttle Bug

2. I inked the complete piece of embossed paper with Versa Mark ink.

3. Sprinkled the embossed card with clear embossing powder.

4. Heat the piece of paper covered with the embossing powder, till it becomes clear and shiny. Be careful not to burn your fingers!
And there you are!


The purse flap I made out of pink card stock and dry embossed it with a different pattern.
I stuck some little pearls in on the edges of the pink heat embossed paper, and then I took a big brad and stuck a pearl on top.


I also put a small magnet on the inside, so when it closes, the bottom part of the brad sticks to the magnet and keeps the purse closed.

My mother like to sometimes surprise me with card making embellishments.
This ribbon with buckle and flower was one, and it fitted perfectly!


This is the inside of the purse.

I stuck photo corners on the inside, the size if a Gift card voucher, so I can put a gift voucher in the card as a Birthday gift.
Would you like to take part in this Faux technique challenge?
Hop over to Corrosive Challenge and get some more inspiration from the other DT cards!

With this card I took part in the following challenges:

2 Sisters - stitching (faux or real)
Craftalicious -pearls and swirls
Wild Orchid Challenge - one for the girls

Have a blessed week

Crafty Greetings

10 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!! Found you from the Corrosive blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Heidi! What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such gorgeous purse Heidi. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful purse! Thanks for showing us how to do the leather look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, I hit post prematurely! lol I also want to say thank you for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous purse and it really does look like leather - great technique thanks for sharing

    Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week & best of luck

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! Thanks for playing at the 2 sisters challenge blog. Watch out for our new challenge on Saturday! Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project, you had me fooled, I thought you had used a leather look card. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

    Hugs Tracy x
    P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is fabulous - it really does look like leather. Love the pretty flower with the buckle too.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails