29 September 2010

Happy Birthday Card

Hi everyone, hope your all having a good week so far.
A few weeks ago Jan the owner of Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps Challenges asked me if I would be interested in make a sample card for one of their challenges. I said yes and she said she will let me know what card to make.
Sadly I didn’t received her e-mail telling me, I must make a Thank you card with autumn colours (I have some e-mail problems) and I didn’t had a card ready!
So Jan said I could make a card for this weeks challenge and the theme is “for the girls”! 
So here is my card:
I really love the paper and flowers!
I made this card for my friend’s sister whose birthday is coming up.
She is a very sweet girl and this stamp reminds me of her!
I used a Whiff Of Joy Stamp called: Fall Willow holding Baby Turkey
If you like it check out the Whiff of Joy shop, this stamp is on special!
I coloured her with the following Promarkers: (so by the way, I got 9 new Promarkers! So now I have new hair colours!)
Apricot and Spice – for the girl’s hair
Blush and Dusky Pink – for her skin
Lilac – for her top
Rose Pink – for the girl’s apron
Maroon – for her pants
Terracotta – for her shoes and the bird’s feet and feathers
Pastel Yellow – for the bird’s skin
Cool Grey 1 – for around the stamp (to make it look like shadow)
In the top left corner, I put three flowers and six pearl pins

The flowers from a different ankle. I asked my dad to take the pictures. (My dad takes stunning pictures!)


In the bottom right corner, I stuck four pink flowers and five pearl pins.
Another stunning picture taken by my dad!

My mother bought me a heart puncher to make a pattern, which I used here.
Then I add ribbon and lace at the bottom of the strip and a pretty bow that my mother made.
Please hop over to OWH challenge and take part in their challenge
I also took part in the following challenges with this card:

One Stitch At A Time - anything goes
Sundays with Crissy - sparkly and shiny
Crafty Emma - animal antics
Creative Card Crew – Bloomin' Marvelous (flowers)
Incy Wincy Designs - anything goes
Wild Orchid - ribbons and bows
AiFactory - anything goes
Charisma Cardz - anything goes
Delightful Challenges - make it sparkle
Have a blessed week
Crafty Greetings

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous!!!! Thnaks for joining us at OSAAT this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Heidi!! :o) Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one talented young lady!!! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just a beautiful card all round! I love it! thanks for entering this week at AIF
    -tammy dt lead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another brilliant Card!!! So beautifully coloured, laid out, and put together. Your embellishments are lovely!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Sarah (@ Sundays With Crissy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are fantastic - what a wonderful card - and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project and love all the pink! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is truly gorgeous. What wonderful details! Thanks for participating over at OWH Stars & Stamps and sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Heidi, love the flowers and pearl pins together.
    Thankyou for joining in the OSAAT challenge this week.
    Luv Brenda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! I love your style, you have a God-given talent......and it shows!! Reach for the stars in all you do and you will be successful!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Heidi-Mari!!! Congrats on being featured at OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heidi-Mari, A very beautiful card and quite fitting it should be show-cased for OWH. You have a wonderful sense of design and balance in your cards. Blessings, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job. Your color choices are great. TYSVM for joining us at AiFactory challenges and please come back and join us again.

    Laralee DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a wonderful card! And you are only 13?! You are very talented and have a great future ahead of you! Thank you for playing at AiFactory and hope to see you again soon!
    Georgia
    AiF DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a gorgeous card you've created.... I can tell there is a lot more creativity to come from you.... Thank you for sharing your talent...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card and your coloring is fantastic. You are a very talented young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, Heidi-Marie. Such pretty flowers and colours!! Thanks for joining us at CES this week. Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Heidi-Marie,
    Your card is so pretty love your coloring and paper, you are a very talented young lady.
    Thank you for playing along with Creative Card Crew, hope to see you next time.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card! I love the monochromatic color scheme. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails