14 January 2015

2 Years Later

So it’s been a long time since I’ve blogged! Over 2 years! 
A lot has happened in my life over the past 2 years and I’m sort of recommitting myself to start blogging again. I’ve had two busy years and I want to take this year a little slower. Spend more time with my family and blogging. 

But first here is a bit on what happened to me!
I finished school and started working for my dad in his Health Shop 4-5 days a week.
The shop is now a complete family business! Which is really great.

I stopped Ballet as my teacher stopped giving lessons and I started Archery! Yip, what an amazing sport!

I did surprisingly good in archery and got NASP (National Archery in the Schools Program) WP Colours in September 2013, along with my two brothers, CJ and Josua. 

In February 2014 I got my NASP (National Archery in the Schools Program) S.A. Colours. 

Then in July 2014 (over my birthday), my mother and I went to Madison, Wisconsin, USA for the Worlds and All Starts Tournaments. Left to right, my dear Mother, Me, Roy Grimes, President of NASP and Wilhelm Greeff, President of NASP S.A.

We stayed/toured USA for 3 weeks and it was an absolute incredible experience!

South Africa got Second place at the All Stars.

We also spend a week in Nashville, Tennessee with Mrs. Nancy Campbell from Above Rubies.

I got to meet some amazing people, and Pen Palls which was incredible! Me and Mercy Campbell! 

This was at Rashida Jonson’s 18th birthday party with the theme 50s! 

I also stared my own business called One Spoon At A Time - I make healthy snacks for my dad’s health shop. I also give baking workshops for children and give children baking parties.

My family is all doing well too! 

All of us Children started Karate last year September too. This was taken last year (2014) at the Year End Prize giving.

My dad is a great boss and my personal archery coach! 

My mother is having her hands full with my 6 younger siblings since I’m not home that much anymore. I do miss the time spend with her though, we do still go out on dates together every now and then. It’s always So much fun!

My big brother CJ is doing well too, 20 years old already! He finished school last year and is now giving Archery lesson along with editing movies and a bunch of other really cool stuff.

Josua my 14 year old brother has grown up quite a lot too in the past 2 years. His also helping out once a week in the Shop. He is the one that loves the Karate the most of the family too!

My sweet little sister Danika who is 11 now (not so little anymore) is a little artistic girl that loves to paint and draw! I also love spending time braiding her long hair! 

Andrew is 9 years old now, a very detailed boy that loves to ask questions. He is also great in 
building contraptions, his bed is really cool and full of contraptions!

David is 8 years old, our little athletic brother that loves to climb trees and build lego!

Daniel is 6 years old, he loves to bake/cook with me in the kitchen, as then he can have the left-overs. He knows exactly what everything is and were to find it in our kitchen! He always has a smile on his face too!

Michael is the current youngest family member who will soon be 5 years old. He is a very busy and funny little boy and loves to do everything along with his big brothers!

The years went by quickly since I was so very busy all the time.
As the year came to an end I realized I needed to slow down, and appreciate life more, write about it again, etc.

In November last year, I took the bus to go visit my best friend and her family for a weekend in Sedgefield.
They live on a beautiful farm near the woods. That weekend I realized life doesn’t have to be a rush.  I need to take life a little slower.

So here I go, my year of Rest. I have asked my mother and a friend to keep me accountable in doing so! 

I hope to do many more posts this coming year!
Blessings 


2 comments:

  1. My dearest friend...this was a beautiful post and I'm thrilled to have you blogging again! It is always a joy to visit your sweet space on the web and I look forward to more lovely things to read here! Enjoy your year of rest and blessings to you! I am so blessed to have you as my special friend! Hope to see you soon! All my love, Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heidi-Mari How awesome! Its amazing to see it all down on paper. The Lord is so good to us - I will pray for you in your year of rest! love, Karyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails