Hello everyone, I hope you’re well.
Two weeks has gone by so fast, and that means a new Baking Fun Challenge!!
I had five entries for my first Baking Fun Challenge, which I think is Fabulous!
Thank you so much to:
Now it is time for my Readers to choose a winner!
You have 5 days for voting.
I will announce the winner on Sunday the 31st of July.
Participants are unfortunately not able to vote for themselves, the program don’t allow it!
So advertise the voting on your blog, Facebook, twitter, etc. and encourage them to vote for you.
Now for this weeks challenge..........
Anything with Chocolate!
That easy! Anything you can think of that has chocolate in!
If this is your first time entering, please go here for the rules and how to enter.
My example is Caramel and Chocolate slices!
You will need:
For the Base
1 cup Self-raising flour
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
1/2 Corn Flakes
For the Filling
1 can (385g) Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tablespoons golden syrup (I used honey)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
For the topping
Melting Chocolate. Be sure that it is BAKING, MELTING or a very good chocolate such as Lindt or else it won’t melt smoothly.
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (so that the chocolate don’t harden so much).
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 19cm x 29cm slice tin.
2. Refine the Corn Flakes in a Ziplock bag with a wooden rolling pin.
3. For the base, sift flour into a bowl, then mix in the sugar, coconut and corn flakes.
4. Melt the butter, (as soon as the butter starts to melt, switch off the stove, and as soon as everything is melted, take off the plate. Butter burns very easy). Pour the melted butter over the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Press into tin and bake for 10 minutes or until gold brown.
6. While you wait for the base to bake, make the filling: put all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring CONSTANTLY!
WARNING: make sure there is a grown-up with you, because this mix burn VERY easy and then you have to start all over.
7. Your base should be done by now. Let cool for a while.
8. Then pour the caramel over, and leave to set in the fridge.
9. Melt the chocolate over a low heat. Don’t stir to much while not completely melted, that sometimes makes it crumble and not melt properly.
10. Pour the chocolate over the caramel layer, and leave to set in the fridge.
Take out of fridge when set, let stand for about half an hour. Cut into squares or fingers.
There you are! Bon Appetite!!!
Now show me your chocolate recipe!!
-You can link up using your blog or if you don’t have a blog, e-mail your entry to me.
-Create a post on your blog with the recipe and at least one picture of the finished product.
e-mail the recipe, with at least one picture of the finished product and I will enter your recipe in the challenge (remember to come back and check out your entry).
-One recipe per person/blog please.
-You are allow to have help with your baking.
-Please use the blue frog below to enter. Be sure to add the link to your direct blog posting/recipe and not your whole blog as this makes it much easier to find your recipe.
-Please comment on at least 3 other entries.
-Each recipe needs to be linked back to Heidi’s Crafts or has to have the button in the post.
-This is a fortnightly challenge, you have two weeks to enter.
-Entries need to be linked up by Monday 8th of August for this chocolate challenge.
-After the challenge has closed, I will announce the entries in a separate posting and you will be able to vote for your favourite recipe.
-You are all allowed to advertise for people to vote for you! Anywhere you like, on your blog, facebook, twitter, etc.
-I will have a blinkie, specially for the Winner.
-Age doesn’t matter. From little girls to grandmas ware welcome!
-The aim of the challenge is to encourage mothers and grandma’s with their girls to enjoy making food in the kitchen, to share recipes, find new ones and have lots of fun!