31 January 2011

Birthday Card for Michael And Some Party Pictures


Hi everyone. I’m here with another card, one I made for my little brother Michael who turned 1 year on the 29th of January.

I sometimes struggle to make masculine cards, since I can’t find much boy embellishments and I don’t work easily with buttons.
But I liked this card a lot!!

I have used an old stamp I have forgotten about.
And used it for this card.

I stuck a 1,2,3 on pop-ups in the middle of the card.

I wrote “Gelukkige 1ste Verjaardag Michael!” in Afrikaans, which means Happy 1st Birthday Michael.
I would also like to take part in the following challenges:
Aly's Sunday Challenge  - For the guys
Let's Ink It Up - Anything Goes
Crafty Emma - Bold & Bright
Alphabet Challenge  - "M" is for men
Polkadoodle -  party time
Totally Papercrafts - for the kiddies
AiFactory  - for the boys

He had a Pirate party and here are some pictures:


On the morning of his birthday, opening his presents.

He got balls, a big one a three little ones.
Look at his little face!



He also got two hard cover books.



We made little treasure boxes, and put sweets inside including chocolate money!
We decorated the boxes with gold sprayed noodles.
And here is the cake..................



We made a Pirate boat!





From the back.



From the side 



And CJ’s (my eldest brother) anchor!



The party table



All the Pirates! 
(Michael didn’t want to wear his pirate dress-up stuff!)



Check out CJ and Josua’s faces!
They drew the mustache with a black pen.



Even Andrew and David had their pirate faces on!



Daniel only whore his bandana.



And some of the girls where dressed as princesses!



Blowing the candle!

I hope you liked the pictures and my card!

Have a blessed day 
Crafty Greetings

12 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous!!! I agree that cards for males are much harder to make. But you did a terrific job on this one.

    Michael is adorable in his birthday pictures. I so enjoy seeing the nice things that your family does together. It looks like everyone had fun.

    The cake was a work of art! It looks so yummy, but yet too awesome to eat. :) I love the little treasure chest boxes. They turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, looks you it was a great party, thanks for playing along at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and so cute! I bet your brother loved it, you all look like you had a wonderful time! thanks forjoining us at tpc

    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, and party looks fab, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ya
    a fabulous card, lovely image & colouring, great papers & design, Wonderful piccies, i wouldnt mind that cake, looks scrummy. thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAb card - perfectly bold and bright for our challenge at CES! Gorgeous pictures of your little pirate and his party too!! Thanks for joining us at CES, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours and the layout, fab red dotty paper, and wonderful cake

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog

    Hel xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card and love the layout. That cake is BRILLIANT and you all looked very kind and gentle pirates! Many thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles this week.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's party!! Great to see your work at Polkadoodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! I love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card. Party looked like a lot of fun! Thanks for joining in the polkadoodles party challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails