10 December 2011

Pink Christmas Card For Stampin For The Weekend


Hi everyone!
It’s time for a new challenge over at Stampin For The Weekend!
The theme for this fortnight’s challenge is………
Christmas!!
We would like to see any kind of Christmas card.
Our sponsor for this week is Simon Says Stamp who is offering one lucky winner a $20 voucher.
Here is my card:
I decided to make a pink Christmas card and give it to my ballet teacher.
My ballet teacher is an older lady and I really love her, since I’ve been doing ballet with her since I was 5 years old. She loves pastel colours!
I used a Whiff Of Joy Stamp called Betty Mouse with Candycane and coloured her with the following Copics:
E35, E33 and E53 - For the mouse’s skin 
R20, R21 and E00 - For the mouse’s ears and tails
RV34 and RV13 - For the mouse’s pink hat, skirt, nose, under her foot and the bow on the sugar cane.
Y11 and Y00 - For her yellow top
B02 and B000 - For the bow ribbon around her waist and on the sugar cane.
G14 and G12 - For on the sugar cane
W3 - For a shadow around the image
A glitter pen - For a sparkle on the image
I finished the image off by adding 4 little pink pearls as a neckless.
I added some ribbon - a wide light pink ribbon and a narrower, softer, see-through ribbon on top, with a bow. I think it really fits with the soft pastel paper.

I distressed everything nice and thick to make it stand out more and finished the card off with a few dark pink pearls.

Please hop over the Stampin For The Weekend and see if you can take part in our fortnightly crafting challenge.
I would also like to take part in the following challenges with this card:
Card Makin' Mamas -  Christmas
Clearly Inspired -  Christmas
      Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
      Fabulous Friday - Glitter
Inspire Me Fridays – Anything Goes
Raise The Bar – Christmas
Pixie Dust Studio -  Glitter and Bling

Have a blessed weekend everyone!
Crafty Greetings  

6 comments:

  1. I really like your card, Heidi. The pink is very feminine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Cute Cute! Ilove the use of nontradional colors used for Christmas cards! Thanks so much for joining us for a challenge over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! I love non-traditional colors for Christmas cards. Thanks for playing along with CIC41 :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! I, too, love all of the pink for Christmas cards! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie card, love the colours

    Wishing you a safe and merry Christmas from all of us at Frosted Designs

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo sweet. I LOVE non traditional colours.

    I hope you are enjoying the holidays with your family and that you had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar for the December Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails