31 January 2012

Fortnightly Baking Fun Challenge #13 is...

Hi everyone, I hope you are all ready for a new Baking Challenge!
Before I tell you what the new challenge is I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who entered in challenge #12 - Smoothies and cold drinks. I had an amazing 10 entries!
If you haven’t voted for your favorite recipe yet, you can vote here.
Now I think you have waited long enough.

The theme for this fortnight will be..........

Salads!! 
Any kind of salad, sweet, sour, salty what ever you can come up with! 

The prize this week is the Australian Women’s Weekly recipe book called Kitchen Garden.
This book contains amazing recipes on salads and vegetables.
It also gives you tips on how to grow herbs and vegetables!
There are things on: Planning for Production 
Artichokes
Asian Greens
Asparagus
Beans 
Beetroot
Carrots 
Chillies 
Herbs 
Onions 
Rhubarb
Salad Greens 
Tomatoes 
Zucchini and Squash 
Preserving the Crop 
I decided to show you my everyday mixed salad with a slight twist:
You need:
Lettuce- as fresh as possible
Tomatoes - I like to use the small ones, but since we only have big ones in our garden at the moment I used big tomatoes here.
Cucumber 
Avocado 
Peas - If you can find sugar snap peas as they are very nice.
Onion 
Green Pepper - any colour you like.
Olives 
Feta cheese - (Optional) I don’t use it in everyday salad.
Black Pepper 
Salt 
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar or lemon juice
Method:
Chop everything up in a bowl. Starting with the lettuce, followed by the other ingredients and finish off with the onions on top.
Then to make the dressing. Mix the black pepper and salt in a grinder and sprinkle over the salad.
Then pour the olive oil and then the Balsamic vinegar over.
Mix with two forks.
You can enjoy the salad just like that with your meal or you can fry chicken strips and put that on top. It makes a wonderful lunch or a light supper.

I hope you like it!
Now it’s your turn to show me what you can come up with! I can’t wait to see!

If this is your first time here, this is how it works:
-You can link-up using your blog or if you don’t have a blog, e-mail your entry to me.
-Create a post on your blog with the recipe and at least one picture of the finished product.
or
e-mail the recipe, with at least one picture of the finished product and I will enter your recipe in the challenge (remember to come back and check out your entry).
-One recipe per person/blog please.
- All entries must be appropriate
-You are allowed to have help with your baking.
-Please use the blue frog below to enter. Be sure to add the link to your direct blog posting/recipe and not your whole blog as this makes it much easier to find your recipe. 
-Please comment on at least 3 other entries.
-Each recipe needs to be linked back to Heidi’s Crafts or has to have the button in the post.
-This is a fortnightly challenge, you have two weeks to enter.
-Entries need to be linked up by Monday the 13th of February  for this Salads challenge.
-After the challenge has closed, I will announce the entries in a separate posting and you will be able to vote for your favourite recipe.
-You are all allowed to advertise anywhere you like for people to vote for you, on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
-I will have a personalized blinkie, specially for the Winner. As well as the PRIZE!! I ship anywhere in the World!
-Age doesn’t matter, from little girls to grandmas are welcome to enter!
-The aim of the challenge is to encourage mothers and grandmas with their girls to enjoy making food in the kitchen, to share recipes, find new ones and have lots of fun together!
Baking Greetings



2 comments:

  1. Yay, another challenge!
    ~Tane♥
    P.S. Check out my blog, I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabrielle's salad looks delicious! I LOVE anything with mayonnaise :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails