17 February 2012

Being Thankful


Being thankful can sometimes be hard. It’s very easy to be thankful when everything is running smooth when life is good. But what about when it’s tough? It’s nature to start complaining when you’re having a bad time. 

When times are tough, try to think of all the things to be thankful for, it helps.
The past few week I personally went through it. 
My mother had an ultra sound on our little sibling Wednesday 4 weeks ago to find no heartbeat and the baby only measures 8 weeks, where my mother was 11 weeks pregnant. Baby was still there and was perfectly formed, so they where able to take a few pictures.
The next Monday my mother miscarried. It was a tough time and it was natural to go sit and cry and complain.
When I read my mother’s blog post on the miscarriages and talked to her I realized I should be thankful for everything I have. 
I started writing it down:
Thankful for the most beautiful family of 10 the Lord gave me.
Thankful to know that there are 5 siblings waiting in heaven for me, that I will meet some day.
Thankful that I had the honour of taking a picture of my mother with her tummy.
Thankful that we have an ultra sound picture of the baby.
Thankful to know that the Lord knows exactly what he is doing in my life.

Thankful for the most amazing mother.
Thankful for knowing that I can go to my mother any time I want and ask her about anything, she will never send me away. Knowing she will make time for me.
Thankful that she knows when I have a bad attitude and what’s wrong. Not just sending me off, telling me to work on it! She asks me and we talk.
Thankful for a mother that drives me to ballet three times a week and tennis four times.
Thankful for a mother that reads ALL my blog posts for me.
Thankful for a mother that sponsor my baking challenge every two weeks.
Thankful for a mother who makes a big deal out of meal times every day.
Thankful for a mother who gave up her life for us, to educate us herself. 
Thankful for a mother for whom ME TIME isn’t what life is all about.
Thankful and so happy that my mother does tennis with us.
Thankful for the most amazing dad.
Thankful that my dad loves us and cares more about us than any other dad I know.
Thankful for a dad that spend so much money on getting me the right braces.
Thankful for a dad that flew me to Durban for months for my braces.
Thankful for a dad that works SO hard to take care of us.
Thankful for a dad that takes us for fun things.
Thankful for a dad that is the leader of our home.
Thankful for a dad that reads my blog posts every time I sent one. (My mom and dad checks every signal one of my blog posts, for spelling and grammar)
Thankful for each of my siblings of all ages.
Thankful for a “big brother” that I love so much and can talk to about just about anything.
Thankful that the Lord gave me a little sister and that I’m not the only girl.
Thankful for all the little ones, that look up to me as their big sister.
Thankful to know that there is still a baby in our home, even though little Michael is already 2 years old, he will always be the baby.
Thankfully looking forward to have my own babies and growing family one day.
Thankful to know there are lots of things in life to look forward to.
This list can go on forever!
So I just wanted to say, think on the bright side, every storm has an end, every cloud has a silver lining.
Have a blessed day everyone and start working on your own thankful list.
Heidi-Mari

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Heidi, your post was beautiful and so sweet. I am so sorry... :( I know it feels absolutely TERRIBLE when things like that happen. But I think that being thankful IS the right thing to do, and your post was filled with heart. May God bless you.
    Tane♥
    P.S. I will be praying that the Lord will bless you with yet another wonderful sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Heidi,
    Your post was amazing, very beautiful. But I am so very sorry. I know it's absolutely TERRIBLE when things like that happened. But being thankful is the right thing to do. Your post was filled with heart, and stirred up all the emotions in me.
    You're right, all most all the time when we're having a bad day, week, month or even year we turn to the Lord, or anyone else to complain. But you chose to be thankful! :) I am so sorry but God has not forgotten about you. :D You were also right when you said that you'll see your siblings heaven! (and so will I see all of MY siblings)
    God bless.
    Tane♥
    P.S. I will be praying that God will bless you with yet another wonderful sibling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails